Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ornate Street Sign and Post . ..

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by thomas barth, Jul 30, 2012.

1. thomas barth

thomas barth Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Middlebury
    - My client sent a photo of a theatrical sign he needs for a conference. He wants me to make two of these on the cheap ($350-400 each) since they will only be used for one day. Any ideas?? And he wants matching trophies?? Yikes ..he REALLY wants the "Rodeo Drive" look as indicated in the attached..
    Anyone got ideas???

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
    Tags:
  2. SignosaurusRex

SignosaurusRex Major Contributor

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    "match this....needs....wants....the Rodeo Drive look....with matching trophies....on the cheap"...... all in one request? :omg::ROFLMAO::noway:

3. thomas barth

thomas barth Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Middlebury
    Well . . . . ya

Well, not match, just give a similar look. Could be made of clay I guess . .

4. skyhigh

skyhigh Major Contributor

Jun 16, 2005
    PA
    I'd ask him what his definition of "Cheap" is.

ahhhhh..... guess you could start out with a piece of pvc pipe or even a heavy wall cardboard tube. But seriously, any way you look at it, you're gonna have a bunch of time messing around no matter how cheap the materials used.

5. thomas barth

thomas barth Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Middlebury
    Cheap means . . . .. ... .

. . . .... when I said "on the cheap", I should have clarified.
    $400.00 each for the signs, but they have to be in Long Beach, Ca. by August 26th .. . .

6. SignosaurusRex

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    You're right....on the cheap.

7. thomas barth

thomas barth Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Middlebury
    - Thanks for all the help

8. SignosaurusRex

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    PVC tubes....some end caps...CNC some HDU street signs with names...some clay...a couple flag pole eagles....some all-thread....a couple of spun metal xmas tree stand bases...spray paint....

9. Moze

Moze Very Active Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Dallas, TX
    Yikes - I would think your cost to make or even order them (if replicas even exist) would be close to that.