• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Our storage rack for vinyl & banner rolls.

iegrafixs

Created this storage rack for our vinyl & banner rolls. Used the tubes that our banner material comes in as the base where the material sits on. So far it's been 5 months & it is so much more easy to change out media from our printer to the rack. :thumb:

Attachments

• vinyl and banner rack.jpg
    vinyl and banner rack.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 328

FS-Keith

use some tape to keep those vinyl rolls closed, that looks really sloppy like that. nice rack though, but take advantage of wall space if you have it to keep stuff off the floor.

Alti-Plotter

It's a nice rack, but I was always told to store the vinyl rolls “standing” or to hang them up with a tube across the centre of the roll to avoid any pressure on the vinyl.
If you take the vinyl rolls very often out of your rack, they will not rest for a long time on the same “spot”. Otherwise, you might have some problems...

FS-Keith

oh yea I didnt even notice that, you want to have a rod going through the tube and not pressure on the material itself. I would modify that one so its wider then your tubes so you can suspend them.

jasonx

oh yea I didnt even notice that, you want to have a rod going through the tube and not pressure on the material itself. I would modify that one so its wider then your tubes so you can suspend them.

Agreed your going to indent your media having them sit like that.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Neat idea, if you use each roll laying on it's side at least once or twice a day to keep them rotating, otherwise, you'll have flat spots in no time from that set up. Especially on brand new rolls that are much heavier from the git-go.

iegrafixs

the rolls we store on this rack is the material that gets used most often. I also thought that some rolls would get indented but have not had that problem at all.