• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Out door signs replacement ideias

Signs101Admin

Owner
Staff member
Need to get some Ideas on making my own center lit, outdoor sign, frame. Or ideas on replacing the lights with led style, the boxes now are very poorly lit. I will post some pics of what I'm taking about.

Signs101Admin

Owner
Staff member
Here is the one signs I need to replace. I printed it but at night it you can see the bulbs.

Attachments

• 15781420_145197049303126_8612781263376853474_n.jpg
    15781420_145197049303126_8612781263376853474_n.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 191

visual800

I would go with a deeper can with led lighting and do away with all that up there now. Its old and outdated.

What you have now seems very shallow. Fabricate an aluminum frame and skin it with .040 aluminum and weld some track on the front to accept signage. If you have no experience find a sign supplier in your area that does nothing but fabricate signs (they are very inexpensive as opposed to doing it yourself) I dont know who did that sign layout but I would go with a dark background light letters and change the layout.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Why is the area to the right of your sign empty ?? Do you share that sign with someone ?? If not, why not use the whole thing ??

He's right about the layout. Regardless if you originally designed it, or someone else did...... that is rather bad looking. No nice words to say about that.

It looks like one of those 4" cabinets, massed produced back in the 60s and 70s which requires a pan face. Someone got cheap and put a flat face in and that's why you're experiencing what is called Hot Spots. Seeing the lamps at night. LEDs in that cabinet will proably work, but a pan face would be a good idea, also?