• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Out Of The Abundance of the Heart...

Arlo Kalon 2.0

If you're schooled in a certain text you'll know the rest of the quote goes "The heart speaks".

As a long time member of this site who was once a popular regular here with more friends than I can count, I've recently been made aware approximately 10 people have a long standing distaste for something I did/said on this forum. I don't know as the individual steadfastly is determined not to give me any indication of what it was. Given my former status here, when I was a daily participant, I'd like to ask a favor of anybody who has participated in discussions of whatever miscreant deed I committed to private message me with details about it. I'd love the opportunity to redeem myself. PM's only please. I don't want this to go the direction of titillating entertainment that gets this thread shut down.

The reason for the title of this thread is because I've gotten nowhere with an individual who harbors an animosity towards me over whatever they think it was I did. I had an employee a long time ago who actively tried to sabotage my business. He got on my computer and sent crude emails to customers requesting quotes. Be assured however I won't hide behind that as an excuse unless I realize it was he who did whatever I'm accused of. Actually, "accused" isn't accurate because as I said the person won't tell me. I will readily own up to whatever caused so much apparent upset. I've been told only a few of at least 10 have softened towards me. I want to make that everyone if it is in my power, although this individual has already told me it ain't gonna happen with them.

Thanks. I'm anxiously awaiting the replies. And for anyone this doesn't pertain to, I'm sorry for the few seconds of your life you'll never get back from reading this! LOL

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Oh yeah.......... and the individual is me. :omg:

Arlo tends to think he said or did something off-color. I've told him countless times it was many things he said and did. I also told him, if he honestly can't remember any of them, he should just let go of it. Everyone else has. I brought it up to him as he came after me a few times lately on the boards here. I do not want this to become a.....he said, she said, you said kinda deal, so I asked him to just forget about it. All the others have. I just happened to bring it up to him privately. However, in his determination to air his laundry, once again, we are drawn into another slugfest.

Let go of this and this thread will also die out and go away peacefully.

Besides, I highly doubt those people will wanna talk about it openly now anymore. We didn't over the years, so I doubt anything will have changed since. It's just not the kinda stuff ya talk about...... especially on sign forums, which is why some of it was so crass

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Best response to a thread in years...
If it was a public offense, why make the apology private?
If you did not know what your actual offense was, you're a bigger douchebag than I thought...

Nah Rick..... you wearing that monkey/bear suit was much funnier than his remark. Now, that was truly funny and quite entertaining, at the same time. I'll bet some of the new members would like to see that one.....................

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Nah Rick..... you wearing that monkey/bear suit was much funnier than his remark. Now, that was truly funny and quite entertaining, at the same time. I'll bet some of the new members would like to see that one.....................
In order for me to put the monkey suit on I have to lose a bet and I stopped wagering against GG years ago...

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Oh yeah.......... and the individual is me. :omg:

Arlo tends to think he said or did something off-color. I've told him countless times it was many things he said and did. I also told him, if he honestly can't remember any of them, he should just let go of it. Everyone else has. I brought it up to him as he came after me a few times lately on the boards here. I do not want this to become a.....he said, she said, you said kinda deal, so I asked him to just forget about it. All the others have. I just happened to bring it up to him privately. However, in his determination to air his laundry, once again, we are drawn into another slugfest.

Let go of this and this thread will also die out and go away peacefully.

Besides, I highly doubt those people will wanna talk about it openly now anymore. We didn't over the years, so I doubt anything will have changed since. It's just not the kinda stuff ya talk about...... especially on sign forums, which is why some of it was so crass
Actually it wasn't countless times but I won't get into the as you put it "he said, she said"
I fail to see how I'm airing my/our laundry publicly when I explicitly asked for PM replies only.
You don't own this site so I fail to see how you have authority to invite anyone to go away.
"Besides, I highly doubt those people will wanna talk about it openly now anymore. " Ah, but Gman, you
said it was a big topic of discussion amongst you.
I've invited anyone involved to fill me in on what you publicly mentioned
about my former presence here that was "foul and perverse".
Now, if we could get back to PM replies only this thread WILL die out... peacefully.
WHich was always my intent.

AKwrapguy

Not sure what this thread is all about, if only a handful of people are still on from when you guys were feuding and no one really cares, why start all over again? Gino doesn't seem to care, or want to bring it up again, so....

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I was just thinking.. the scripture you semi-quoted (Luke 6:45) reads:
The good person out of the good treasure of his heart brings out that which is good, and the evil person out of the evil treasure brings out that which is evil, for out of the abundance of the heart, his mouth speaks.

What is your heart abundant in? Wait, don't answer... you called out Gino....

While you’re seemingly new to semi-quoting scripture... Luke 6:42:
How can you say,‘Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,’ while you yourself fail to see the beam in your own eye? You hypocrite,first take the beam out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

Last edited:

Marlene

Arlo, you might want to stop this venture back down memory lane as I had forgotten what you did that made people turn on you until you brought it up again. No, I am not going to PM you about it or will I post it on the open forum. I will suggest that you drop it and be happy you are back on the site and most don't know or remember or care.

Andy D

I have no idea what all this about, but a word of advice that I have to remind & give myself all the time:
"Less said, sooner forgotten"

Last edited:

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Nobody has responded about my formerly foul and perverse presence. Gino hasn’t accepted a sincere apology. I’m following the advice of a few fine people here who urged me to carry on with no further concerns about this. I only wanted to make amends for any perceived previous misdeeds. I wouldn’t mind if this thread was disappeared altogether or at least locked. Thanks for the encouraging kind PMs to several people.