• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Outdoor Jr. won't come back to full print PLEASE HELP !

inkiemon

My outdoor Jr. dried out a few weeks ago. A friend came by slapped in a new head, pulled pressure and it printed for a day before it started drying up again. Now I have everything apart, I've been pulling pressure from the ink lines going into the dampers, then from the dampers to where they connect to the head. The heads are not clogged when I hook up a syringe everything fires.
At first only the black and magenta would print, now I can't get the black to print at all and the cyan is very weak.Came in this morning ..test print and the yellow and magenta are light and streaky also.
I do notice my pump leaking, but i'm wondering if something else could be keeping the black and cyan from firing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've been reading other posts for a week now and think I have a little understanding on how this thing works. I did also have third party inks in before all of this started happening and i'm wondering if my dampers may need to be replaced. I have a full set of new mutoh inks and cleaning carts and am just trying to get this thing back to production. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
I have that same printer from SSK. I was given the task of either selling it as is or refurbishing it & keeping half the profits either way. It's been sitting for about 2 years now...and i'm sure it need the lines flushed and both heads replaced. Interested? jk

letterman7

Are you able to pull a prime from the drain tubes at the capping station when the carriage is homed? You should be able to pull ink right through the heads if you have a solid vacuum at the station, otherwise the setup isn't right. Did you enter the correct head rank for the new color head? Are all the drain lines clear of dried ink? Are all the lines tight to the head (i.e. no bubbles when you're pulling with the syringe)? Have you run cleaning solution through all the lines, through the head and out the drains? I'm suspecting multiple situations, starting with the third party ink. And you're not alone - I just rehabbed my Jr a couple weeks ago and am still chasing problems.

inkiemon

Maybe I need a new Pump?

I really can't pull a full prime from the drain lines. The color line seems like it's pulling the yellow and cyan..the black is very hard to get anything through. I also noticed fluid seeping from the pump area.I don't understand why the magenta is'nt coming through. Is it possible to remove all the lines from the pump to clean them? I pulled a bunch of rubbery stuff out last week but i'm thinking there may be more I can't get too.

letterman7

I would replace the entire capping station and pump assembly. It's pricey, but will eliminate any issues with used pieces. Call GEI and order part # DE-335599. It's marked as MY-24114 in the service manual. Cost me $312 last year so be prepared. Might as well order two new heads and a set of dampers and start fresh with everything. My bet it it'll come back to life with little or no problems.