• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Outdoor sign material recommended

wprtgs

Are there other materials for signs suitable for outdoors which will last at least 2-3 years besides styrene? I've tested .080 styrene which I think will work well, but what other options are there that may be less inexpensive? I know PVC will expand and contract, but what is the life expectancy? Thanks.

Mosh

Coro will last 2-3 years...not much longer. Why so cheap? Styrene is about the bottom of the barrel as far as sheet prices go.

Last edited:
He has another thread where he explains he can't use a router to cut his product, he needs to use a laser.

OP, I suggest you go to N Glantz there in Louisville. They have a warehouse/distribution center and you can check out all of their substrates.

wprtgs

He has another thread where he explains he can't use a router to cut his product, he needs to use a laser.

OP, I suggest you go to N Glantz there in Louisville. They have a warehouse/distribution center and you can check out all of their substrates.

Thanks. I'll check them out.

wprtgs

Coro will last 2-3 years...not much longer. Why so cheap? Styrene is about the bottom of the barrel as far as sheet prices go.

It's a consumer product that only needs a 2-3 year lifespan. Styrene seemed to be the way to go and recommended by a local printer.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
I have always been told by the plastics guys that styrene is not a 2-3 year outdoor product. Will it last 2-3 years, most likely, but that depends on how much sun exposure it gets.

Styrene will yellow and get brittle after a while.

We stock (and print) a .055 HDPE Sheet. High Density Polyethylene. You might consider that. Most sign suppliers don't seem to stock it. You'll need to buy it from a plastics distributor like Laird, Regal, Curbell, etc.

If you just need a few sheets, we can sell it to you as well. We stock a 50x24.5" sheet I think it is.