• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Outgassing?

PrepressDude

Hello all,

Just wanted to get everyones thoughts on this curling as I'm almost 95% sure that this is because our operators didn't not let it sit before it was laminated. Not to mention they weeded it and didn't apply premask (also left over night ). What say yee! :)

Material IJ35
Printer: Seiko M64 - Solvent

YHEcdaozxEfF8FaH6

Armando

Attachments

• Outgassing.jpg
    Outgassing.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 323

MikePro

possible outgassing, as stated above, BUT could be as simple as too much tension on laminate feed....stretching the laminate as it applies, and then wants to curl-back when contour cut.

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
Yes. Cut while the ink was still wet.
Yes.
Cut way to early.
I have found when running large solids on solvent printers the ink and heat softens the vinyl, so it need extra time to cure (out gas) especially when cutting into the bleed.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I've seen that happen, but not that quickly. Wrong profile for the media and cut too soon. Seems like no one in your place knows what they're doing.

Basically the wrong use for the machine vs. your needs.