• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

outside canvas?

james2

Hello all!

I have a customer that may need a line of framed outside prints on canvas.
The thing is, they need them to stand up to outside elements. Is there a canvas that anyone can suggest? We are also looking for a source for a plastic frame system (obviously wood will warp if wet).

thanks!

HaroldDesign

They would like something to be suitable for what it is not. Sell them proper outdoor signage. Turn them onto Dibond mounted to a frame of your choice and wrap it properly. Apply a canvas filter to the graphic if necessary.

MikePro

aluminum square tubing should hold up good... otherwise treated 2x2 wood from your local lumberyard could work just fine as well.

round man

Sunbrella will hold up and it the same texture as canvas basically.Dunno if you can print on it but we have painted on outdoor banners made of it here for some very permanent displays. We have silk screened it with exterior inks.

VinylLabs.com

I would print on banner with a texture overlay. I'd probably go with weather treated wood, or some rectangular PVC tubing. I'd charge a hella lot more for aluminium.