• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Over Spray on SP300-V

kaotic1

So I started having some cyan over spray issues with my SP-300V. What's odd is the prints will sometimes start out fine and then after a few inches the over spray will develop. I have attached a few pictures of the issue along with a test print. The first "15" was on the same print as the second, the one with the over spray was printed about 12 inches later then the first one. This printer is really on its last leg but I am less than a year away from moving into a bigger space and finally replacing this with a bigger machine so I am really hoping this isn't going to end up needing a new print head before then. I've already done a manual cleaning, as well as unplugging the machine for a while to see if its a static issue, neither helped. Anyone have any thoughts?

IMG_6469.jpg
IMG_6470.jpg
IMG_6472.jpg

SlikGRFX

Test print isn't great. I'd do a headsoak and try to clear some of those nozzles. Check for static on vinyl too. Slow the print head down in Versaworks as it will reduce the overspray.

rjssigns

I had the same issue a while back, and it was the media. So much static it would crackle when unrolling. Lucky it didn't fry the electronics.