• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Over Spraying

Ok,

So I have a Mimaki JV3-75SPII. My Magenta Head started over spraying so I bought a new one and installed it. Worked great for one week. Came in on Monday 7 weeks ago now and got a Error 07 (**------). Magenta started acting up again, so I sent my main and slider boards off to see if there was a problem there somewhere. They found nothing wrong with the borads so I bought two new head and replaced my Black and Cyan heads as well.

Well I have changed all 8 ribbons, all 8 dampers, three kinds of ink, moved heads around and still have over spraying on magenta. I have flushed the heads over and over again, and still nothing. I am done. I have been down for just about 8 weeks now and can't get a tech to come and look at the printer and to fix it or tell me how to fix it. Have called and called to talk to techs to see if they have any idea what the problem is or could be and I get nothing back. So now I am out looking for a new printer.

Looking at the JV33-130. Has any one had this or have this. If so, what problem kind I be looking for.

4R Graphics

Ok well the head 07 error (**----) Means that you have an electrical error on the first 2 heads only way to fix this is replace the heads. The * shows whic head is having the problem. Ok as for over spraying it happens but there are things to look for and check. First are you using high quality mode or standard? I use flexi and have these options. I know that High quality mode uses V1 or V2 and standard uses N2 modes which you have to calibrate. I often have overspray problems in high quality mode so I use standard only (I dont really see a big difference in the print quality either). Also do you have any deflections in your head? If you do this can cause overspray as well. Also are you using the printer in thin or thick mode? If you can post a picture up of the overspray and post a pic of the nozzle check pattern also post the settings that you are using to print with ie standard mode 720 bi directional etc...that will give us a better idea of what is going on and how to help you.

I love my JV3 160 and its pretty easy to work on I just wish th heads were cheaper.
All in all its a great printer just remember it is a solvent printer and photo quality is almost impossible to get.

artbot

me too, same type of overspray?

my jv3160sp just the other day started doing some wild overspraying and i've ended up with two suspiciously blown heads. (one head was a terribly clogged head that was clogged with white. hadn't been printed from in a year. figured it died because it deserved to, the other an old proxy head that i thought was error07 in the past. but picked it up again as a proxy to see what what going on with the first head and it printed for the last week... so i figured "healed"?)

anyway. please look at this overspray pattern. does your pattern look the same as this? overspray comes in all typed.

the two blown headshave been the #4 yellow head _ _ _ _ _ _* _ and _ _ _ _ _ _ _ *. i did notice the yellow oversprayed briefly before this last issue.

i really concerned after reading your post.

thanks

aa

Attachments

• cyan overspray.jpg
    cyan overspray.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 81