• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Overlaminate separating from vinyl

Dooka

we have this problem during the installation process where the overlaminate begins coming apart from the vinyl.
Using Avery supercast kit.
Any ideas?

Christian @ 2CT Media

What printer did you use? Is it 1105 or 1005? Which laminate series did you use?

What type of laminator do you have? Did you use heat assist? Was it fully adhered?

ams

An Avery rep told me that they top coat certain vinyls so you can't laminate them.

Dooka

We are printing on HP Latex 360 Latex.

Using the Avery supercast 1105 ezrs
And the the dol1360 overlaminate

We are using a cold lamination laminator. I cannot remember the manufacturer name for the laminator and can update on Monday when I come in.

burgmurk

We are printing on HP Latex 360 Latex.

Using the Avery supercast 1105 ezrs
And the the dol1360 overlaminate

We are using a cold lamination laminator. I cannot remember the manufacturer name for the laminator and can update on Monday when I come in.

I use that exact setup, except my laminator has an element. I run it at about 40 degrees (celsius) and have never had an issue with that stock.
I have had that issue on a different stock, and it turned out to be the 360 profile was laying down too much optimiser.

Pretty sure you are using the 831 inks in that printer. That is a known issue with that Avery viny/lam combo and those inks. If you switch to the Avery 6460 laminate you will eliminate that problem. It’s a little more cost, but you will also be able to offer a horizontal warranty because it’s a non PVC laminate. Negotiate with your suppliers. They can get you special pricing if you use a lot of it and the price difference can be very minimal.