Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

overlay for Harley Fat Boy fairing.

Discussion in 'Vehicle Graphics' started by graywoulf, Jul 25, 2012.

1. graywoulf

graywoulf Member

Sep 20, 2009
    I have a challenge on my hands here in that I have a customer that wants me to do a vinyl overlay on the front of his motorcycle fairing. I could spend hours tweaking a paper pattern to get the right pattern for cutting the vinyl to apply but I am hoping that somebody out there can steer me in a shorter direction in order to save a lot of time. The picture that I have inserted has the overlay shown in gray and also the customer wants me to reverse cut the words "FAT BOY" into the center of the overlay as shown. I don't mind these types of jobs when I have a lot of spare time but this one wants it quick. HELP!!!

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    Easiest way i can think of would be to use something like wrapcut or knifeless tape and cut it to shape on the bike

3. graywoulf

graywoulf Member

Sep 20, 2009
    About that Wrapcut tape.

I had never heard of the "Wrapcut" tape but that is too cool! Where can I find that stuff? And Thank You very much for that suggestion. :notworthy:

4. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario