• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Overprint setting in Onyx? Cant find it, HELP!

Aklaim

I need to print a translucent piece for a light box face, and I can't for the life of me find the box to check to tell it to overprint the image. This is in Onyx10. I've done it before, but for some reason I'm just not seeing it right now. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Aklaim

I've checked every tab in preflight, not there. I checked the media settings in media manager and I still don't see it. I don't remember it being this difficult to find.

Hotspur

Overflood Vs Overprint

Can you clarify - is it overprint or overflood?

Overprinting is whether or not you want one colour to print on top of another or for the colours beneath to be removed so the top colour remains pure and isn't mixed with any underneath it.

This is rarely used in inkjet printing but is common in offset printing.

This is set in the file and Onyx can be told to respect it or not in the Configure rip settings.

If you are referring to Overflood then this refers to the use of white ink (or laquer) being used as a separate layer on top of any colours - ususally used on clear / translucent substrates where the colour is laid down first and then the white afterwards.

Then the media is turned around so that the viewing is done from the rear through the clear film so that the colours are seen with the white as a background (you can do the opposite using Underflood)

If this is the case then the file needs no special treatment - in Job Editor (Preflight) you need to select the colour correction tab - Tools - Spot Layer Tool.

You need to be using a printer driver with a white overflood profile set up and to have the higher level of Onyx rip to enable the feature.

Click "enable spot layer feature" and lower down click the flood fill box to see the over flood in action.

Good Luck!

chafro

For latex printers in onyx 10 the option is where you set the number of passes, cure temperature, etc. just below the number of passes if I remember correctly.

theres a box there that you need to mark that reads something like extra ink, don't remember the exact words.