• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oversize tattoo film?

MDKAOD

Hey all, I have a client looking for large temporary tattoos, none of this 8.5x11 stuff. A few materials crossed my mind, but I haven't been able to track down anything specific, so I figured I'd reach out. Would hydrophobic transfer material work? (The stuff they use in the water printing for wheels and car parts). For real, what is this stuff?

I'm sort of as a loss here. And before someone throws regulations at me, I'm aware, and I've explained. This is more to satisfy my curiosity at this point.

MikePro

regarding "what is this stuff", its called PVA or polyvinylalcohol. which is also the stuff used for temporary tattoos to transfer the print from silicone paper to your skin. ...which the use of this and the inks that you would intend to transfer onto human skin, must be regulated/approved by the FDA.

MDKAOD

Don't waste your time, use these guys.

That wasn't very helpful, considering I asked for help with oversized tattoos larger than 8.5x11. 4x6 is the biggest they offer on their site. I need one-offs, and very large.

regarding "what is this stuff", its called PVA or polyvinylalcohol. which is also the stuff used for temporary tattoos to transfer the print from silicone paper to your skin. ...which the use of this and the inks that you would intend to transfer onto human skin, must be regulated/approved by the FDA.

Thank you, that's very helpful!