• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oversized acrylic sheet 8x8x1/4"

Devon19515

Does anyone have a supplier for clear acrylic or polycarbonate in 8'x8'x1/4" thick?
All I have found was 3/16 or thinner.
I will be needing the thicker for rigidity.
Glass would be too heavy.
Southeast region USA.
Thanks

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
3/16" polycarbonate and you're done. No need at all for 1/4" (well, unless you're expecting riot abuse...)

I would never go acrylic on something that size.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Calsak and Piedmont are vendors that come immediately to mind in the metro Atlanta area (not sure where in Georgia you are). They should have rolls of polycarbonate they can cut to size for you.
Also...
I'm with Gino- why won't 3/16" work, but 1/4" will?
Also agree with oldgoatroper- don't use acrylic for something that size.

Devon19515

Calsak and Piedmont are vendors that come immediately to mind in the metro Atlanta area (not sure where in Georgia you are). They should have rolls of polycarbonate they can cut to size for you.
Also...
I'm with Gino- why won't 3/16" work, but 1/4" will?
Also agree with oldgoatroper- don't use acrylic for something that size.

I dont want the flimsy wave effect that 3/16" gives, I believe 1/4" would be more rigid.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Inside the building or outside where weather can get to it ?? Will it be ground level...... at that size ??

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
I dont want the flimsy wave effect that 3/16" gives, I believe 1/4" would be more rigid.
Your call, obviously, but you aren't going to notice much difference with just 1/16" of an inch. Now, going from 1/8" to 1/4", sure...
Either way, both of the vendors I mention sell off the roll and should have what you're looking for.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You also might wanna consider a hangar bar retaining setup. Then, nothing will sag at any size or thickness.

Is this thing double sided ??