• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oversized Aluminum & Aluminum Composites (Max Metal, Omegabond, ePanel, etc...

Are you interested in 50x99" sheets of aluminum products?

• Total voters
Is there an interest in purchasing 50x99" sheets of aluminum or 3mm aluminum composite like Omegabond or Max Metal?

For those of you with routers, purchasing oversized sheets would allow you to provide full sized signs after you subtract blade and bit kerf.

Please let us know!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Why don't you take out a Merchant Membership before you start hawking your wares ??

reQ

Maybe after new owner took over something changed & randoms can spam forums with this crap?

We are a paying merchant member already that many of you know well and have been for over 5 years now. This is a "Rep" name we created. I assume the new site owner will work on this soon. We're considering creating a new brand. We do alot of printing, which helps us understand the need for certain substrate requirements and are thinking about extending our buying power and experience to other sign shops and direct to substrate printers around the country.

The reason you would want a 50x99 sheet is to allow for kerf when you sell a 4x8 sheet. Let's say you have a digital flatbed and a CNC cutter/router of some kind. A customer wants to buy eight 24"x24" aluminum real estate signs to fit into frames. When you cut them out on your CNC table, they will be slightly undersized by whatever diameter your router bit is. If you start with a slightly oversized sheet, say 50x99, you could space the signs out just a little and actually cut full sized 24x24" signs.

There are other reasons too, full bleed for example.

Now I realize 95% of the time the small amount one would lose to the router bit kerf is insignificant, but there are times when it matters.

If you don't regularly run smaller signs digitally cut (Zund, Esko, Gerber, Summa, etc) from larger sheets, then I see why this wouldn't cross your mind to need slightly oversized sheets. But if you do, and have trouble finding them, let us know!

rossmosh

Any sheet good that is oversized but fits in the machine is welcome to me. I'm not sure how much extra I'd pay for it or how much I'd go searching for it though. If it was available at my local supplier and not all that much more expensive, then I'd consider it a worthwhile product.

Personally, I think the bigger issue is people that continue to design things to be made in bulk but don't think of sheet yield. If you know it's going to be cut via CNC, it makes a heck of a lot of sense not to design 24"x48" pieces. 23x47 is effectively the same but make a huge difference in manufacturing.