• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oversized Translucent vinyl print - issue.

DesireeM

Looking for any tips or ideas....We have a translucent graphic to print as part of a larger job that is fairly short notice. The sign face is 64" x 73" and we only have the capability for up to 53" printing. It has to be printed because the background is a CMYK gradient from red to orange and from corner to corner as per branding specs. Normally, with more time we would 1. Convert the frame to a flex face and have an out-of-town supplier print the graphic. 2. Find a supplier that can print the translucent vinyl at that size. or 3. Find a spot that can accept a seam and get the customer to approve it.

Obviously seaming is my least used option because it looks terrible in most cases...and in this case it's not even an option due to the layout of the graphics. 1&2 aren't really options because of the deadline. No one in our city or vicinity is able to print any bigger than us either.

So if anyone has any suggestions on a work around, I'd love to hear it.

I was thinking of printing on clear vinyl. From top to 3/4 of the way down but fading into 0% opacity and then doing the same on a separate vinyl layer from the bottom up so that there wouldn't be a harsh darker line at the seam point but I've never tried that before...might get tricky for ensuring full ink coverage in the middle and lining up their logo.

Any suggestions are appreciated. And if anyone can recommend a translucent vinyl print supplier that can print 6, 7, 8 or 10ft AND will ship to Ontario (or is located in Ontario) please send them my way. It would be nice to find a supplier that is reliable.

Thanks!

astro8

In ergosoft rip there is an option for printing 50% opacity on the overlapping seams for this problem.
I've used it on large window prints on clear vinyl and it worked well.