• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Overspray Roland VP-300

bovegas

Is there any way I can lower print heads on VP-300. Heads are a little high and there is overspray. In a manual it says hight is fixed. Wondering if any of you guys head same problem

rjssigns

Overspray = clean the encoder strip.

I use a clean microfiber cloth. If you've never done it you'll be amazed at the filth that comes off.

bovegas

I already cleaned encoder. Problem is that heads are very high, and sometime because of electro static on media, there is overspray. Lowering the head will definitely help a lot. I dont know is it posiblle

Sign Works

Fixed head cannot be lowered, try reducing static. Are you sure static is the culprit? Are you experiencing overspray with all colors?

Ragnabrok

lowering the head would botch the biderectional adjustment, possibly to past a point it could be adjusted for. A picture of the overspray and from a test print int he cleaning menu would show if it's static overspray or nozzle deflection.

bovegas

I don't understand why they didn't make adjustable head height like on vp-540. On this printer it's on high setting fixed. Print quality is not even close like on my SC_545ex on lower settings

Ragnabrok

it should be fixed at what medium would be on the SC-545, which is 2.2mm. The sc-545 and its kin also had a low, i forget that measurement.