• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Overspray

bovegas

I am getting overspray only on high speed mode. If I print on standard mode prints are great. I think issue is static. I have static cords but it doesnt help much. Also i made solution with water and loundry conditioner and it helps a little when I apply on the rollers, but still there are ghosting. I have 2 printers, both are the same Roland SC-545EX, and its the same thing on both of them. Do you guys have any solution for this?

shoresigns

Could it be the head speed? Static causes overspray but the faster your headspeed, the bigger the overspray, due to physics.

Anyway, the solution to your problem is probably to just use standard mode. High speed mode is for "economy" prints where the customer doesn't want to pay for perfect quality, so a bit of overspray is probably acceptable.

Tyler Durden

It can be the heads as well, the test may look good but when the head is flying the ink spreading out. We had this problem with one color, was printing small text fuzzy too. Changed that one head and was like new.

player

Adding humidity can help. Years ago when I had an automatic screen printing press we would wet the floor (painted concrete). This helped. Check your moisture in the air with a meter. I have one that is paired up with a room thermometer. It is good to be at 45-50.

kanini

As pointed out earlier the high speed is for billboards etc. thay doesn't require small details or good quality. Is your nozzle check perfect? Even minor defects shows up more easily in the high speed mode.

MikePro

you'll only really see static issues in the dry months, but now it's spring and the humidity is back-up and I want to say your head is dying.