• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

overspraying cyan but not when I actually print blue?

gabagoo

It is very strange. My old Mimkai jv3 is on the way out. I am waiting for my new Mimaki...but in the meantime I still need to print..

I have been getting this overspray around certain colours using cyan ink. It's the sort of thing you don't really see unless you look close or with reading glasses and it is horrible. When I print anything with black in it , I go in and reduce the cyan to zero and push the black to 100% and yellow and magenta to 80% Prints clean, no overspray. Currently I am printing a file with teal...No way I can avoid using cyan and the overspray is there, even at unidirectional 8 pass regular speed.

Now the strange thing is that I do these retractable banners for one client and a majority of colours in the banner are dark blue and shades of light blue...all vector with a photo included. It prints absolutely perfect with no overspray...even on the blacks!!! I don't get it.

particleman

If I recall correctly back when we used JV3s, when you started to get over spray it was typically a print head malfunctioning and needed replacement.

gabagoo

Here are 3 pics...2 are pretty blurry and those are the ones with the overspray, yet this handicap decal I printed today is absolutely clean!! Strange but true

Attachments

• IMG_1599.jpg
    IMG_1599.jpg
    366.1 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_1601.jpg
    IMG_1601.jpg
    285.2 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_1602.jpg
    IMG_1602.jpg
    452.9 KB · Views: 149