• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

P2C600 Assist

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
I run a Gerber P2C600 24" cutter. Up until Tuesday of last week, it's run just fine. I ran to cut jobs on 631 vinyl.

Thursday, I turn it on and all of a sudden, I get nothing when sending. It boots up and shuffles the vinyl just fine. I send something to cut, and it does nothing.

Tried unplugging it and putting into a different port, and realized that I wasn't getting the dedunk sound of a device being removed. Ordered new cables, which arrived yesterday and installed them first thing this morning. Now it dedunks (sorry, I don't have a better word for this) and pops in the Device Manager on Com5.

I reinstalled the cutter in GQMgr on the correct Com port. Exit all software and send a new file to GSPlot, select the cutter and send. GQMgr opens and shows the file sitting in the queue but it doesn't cut. I don't get a communication error from GQMgr either.

Any ideas?

netsol

i assume it is a usb device, i am very fmiliar with the "dedunk" sound.
i imagine, if you look in device manager, the plottr did not repond properly to bring polled.
you will probably see a composite device, or unknown device.

are you using a usb to serial adapter? or usb to parallel?

Jburns

I have the same cutter, and Omega 6.5
Do you have the serial cable that came with the plotter and a serial connection on your computer? If you run thru the serial port, that may isolate the issue. ( you can also use USB-serial adaptor reference above by Netsol

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
I have the same cutter, and Omega 6.5
Do you have the serial cable that came with the plotter and a serial connection on your computer? If you run thru the serial port, that may isolate the issue. ( you can also use USB-serial adaptor reference above by Netsol

We figured out a work around. I believe it's the serial port that took a dive. Hooked the plotter up to an old Windows XP PC that used to spool to the machines and had the same problem. Tried it serial to USB, and serial to serial and had no luck. Figured I had nothing to lose and tried the straight USB connection and it cuts. So it must have been the serial port that crapped out on me.

netsol

whiskeydreamerer
As long as it is working...

normally, the serial ports are bulletproof

if it stops working, down the road, we can deal with it then