• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Paint protection

WOODBS

i am looking for a template for a 2011 Winnebago Via front for Ventureshield application, anyone have a source? The only guys I talked to said they hand cut on the vehicle...a little concerned with that much cutting..

ProWraps

ooh thats gonna be tough. there are so many different shapes of those and they are not your typical "production" vehicle. i would think you would have to hand cut that one.

WrapCut

You might want to have a look at WrapCut Fine Filament Edge Cutting tape at www.wrapcut.com.

It is similar to WireTrim Edge Cutting Tape which revolutionized the spray-on truck bed liner industry over a decade ago by eliminating the use of a knife for the trimming process on polyurethane coatings.

WrapCut Fine Filament Edge Cutting Tape has been introduced as the problem-solving tool and method of trimming for the vehicle wrap industry. It is a very inexpensive alternative to using a knife and eliminates all risk of marking, scoring, or otherwise damaging the paint or glass of a vehicle.

Patentagosse

I'm doing a lot of PPF and use VentureShield as well. Here's my 0.02¢:

Doing RV and such "non-traditional" large front-end vehicles is sometime easier when working with bulk roll and trimming by hand. When these large pieces are pre-cut, at that size it may be difficult to handle 'em, not to mention that if you're a rookie at applying this, you may turn is sweat in no time when figuring the cost of the part you're about to ruin. As for the trimming itself, all you need is a brand new blade (stainless steel prefered) and dexterity. You can practice on a table before going on the RV (for pressure). You might also consider that RVs, in opposite to cars, will not rust if you go too far so it's a great canvas for practice. VentureShield is a great products that also allow the installer to reposition the film many times as long as you keep it wet (see clips on Youtube for perfect mixing solutions).

Is it you 1st time on PPF?

About knifeless tape, I'm not sure it's suitable for that kinda material (let me guess...... NO) but I may be wrong (...) It's so thick and resistant (not soft as cast wrapping film) you'll probably get a big mess after trying to pull the wire from there, lifting your film everywhere and leaving marks / spots everywhere.

What's great with Venture is you don't need to cut through 100%. If you can adjust your hand pressure to allow, let say 85%, you'll be able to remove excess material as it will split naturally (you need to be really good to perform this kinda control however...)

Good Luck

BTW, these 2 were made "by hand" using 60" x 10ft single piece PP film

Attachments

• Badabago Jean Roy (Medium).JPG
    Badabago Jean Roy (Medium).JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 96
  • Motorisé Sportscoach.jpg
    Motorisé Sportscoach.jpg
    332 KB · Views: 100

WOODBS

Thanks, I think I will go with the handcut on rv, I have done a couple before. Few were handcut, should be fine...

Patentagosse

Sorry folks, I just badly expressed what I had in mind. You can unwrap all the vehicles I've done, I'm not scared you find "scars" everywhere. I'm a professional and 'always worked on others vehicles like if it was mine. I admit after reading back the sentence that it sounded like: "who f*****g care about the surface" but it was not my intention. Keep in mind I'm french-canadian so translating my thoughts may end up with some misunderstandings if not properly done...

I said that mostly because I didn't knew the skill level of this person. Usually, people doing vehicle graphics know how much pressure to use, whatever the material's thickness because the will test it before going eyes closed on a +150K unit...

btropical.com

Sorry folks, I just badly expressed what I had in mind. You can unwrap all the vehicles I've done, I'm not scared you find "scars" everywhere. I'm a professional and 'always worked on others vehicles like if it was mine. I admit after reading back the sentence that it sounded like: "who f*****g care about the surface" but it was not my intention. Keep in mind I'm french-canadian so translating my thoughts may end up with some misunderstandings if not properly done...

I said that mostly because I didn't knew the skill level of this person. Usually, people doing vehicle graphics know how much pressure to use, whatever the material's thickness because the will test it before going eyes closed on a +150K unit...

I was taught along time ago its not cutting on cars it "designing on cars "

boxerbay

wrap it with a low tack printed grid. mark the trim holes. pull it off. put it on the wall photograph it. take it into ai and build your template.