• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Painted logo

spoolins

Kings Signs
Some company asked if I could paint a logo on a building that is cylinder block this would be a first for me ,how would you charge ,what kind of paint and would it be hard to cut out stencils out of vinyl for a Guide ?Any help would be appreciated
thanks.Gary

2B

contract someone that knows how to paint and watch them do it.
better yet apprentice with them if you are interested in learning how.

Stanton

Make a pounce pattern. Learn what that is.

I prefer 120 grit garnet to open up the poke holes on the back side.
It is quick and allows the best carbon throughput.

You need a solid dark pattern on the wall.

Set up a pair of ladders with jacks and a plank,
or, a swing stage. (how big is the design ?).

Buy a few hundred $$$ worth of fitches. (it's archaic, look it up)

Comfortable with decades of air under your feet ? All day ? Several days in a row ?
Hanging on with no arms ? You need both hands to work.

I don't think the internet will give you instant know-how on this one.
Can't download reality.

Hire a man.

Or, send me a PM.

Pat Whatley

Make a pounce pattern. Learn what that is.

I prefer 120 grit garnet to open up the poke holes on the back side.
It is quick and allows the best carbon throughput.

You need a solid dark pattern on the wall.

Set up a pair of ladders with jacks and a plank,
or, a swing stage. (how big is the design ?).

Buy a few hundred $$$ worth of fitches. (it's archaic, look it up)

Comfortable with decades of air under your feet ? All day ? Several days in a row ?
Hanging on with no arms ? You need both hands to work.

I don't think the internet will give you instant know-how on this one.
Can't download reality.

Hire a man.

Or, send me a PM.

Or ignore all of that, plotter cut the pattern out of paint mask, apply to the wall, paint with disposable foam rollers, remove mask, collect check, go home....all before "the man" gets through playing with his sock full of charcoal. :Big Laugh

Stanton

Or ignore all of that, plotter cut the pattern out of paint mask, apply to the wall, paint with disposable foam rollers, remove mask, collect check, go home....all before "the man" gets through playing with his sock full of charcoal. :Big Laugh

Want the 27 kt gold upgrade ?

4 kt better than anyone else can offer.

OldPaint

CYLINDER BLOCK??????? what the he** is that???? YOU MEAN CINDER BLOCK????? or plain old concrete block???

bell vernon pa............gee pretty close to my home. burgesttstown/avella. my best friend owned the dairy queen and lives in new salem. i went to PENN STATE fayette campus.
THERE ARE A COUPLE GREAT SIGN PAINTERS...near you. JILLS SIGNS, she is on here, wonderful brush artist.you could learn a lot. shes in butler/mars area. bill beckner in cannonsburgh.........both would be more then willing to help ya learn.......
my family is related to valdisarri's bakery)))))

Jwalk

The great debate and conundrum :omg: