• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Painting aluminum blanks?

JERHEMI

What spray paint would you recommend painting pre-painted white aluminum blanks? I need the blanks to be yellow then I'm applying black vinyl numbering, but can't find any suppliers that offer blanks in yellow. They will be permanently outdoors. Any other prep do you recommend or just start spraying yellow? Thanks in advance!

Billct2

There are suppliers of Yellow blanks.
Depending on size and quantity, if I had to start with prepainted white blanks,
I would sheet with yellow vinyl, spray with a good acrylic enamel, or last choice roll with yellow enamel.

JERHEMI

I need (24) 12" x 12" .080 and Grimco used to sell painted blanks, but doesn't anymore. Wrisco offers a darker yellow (darker than caution yellow) but not in .080.

Might go the sheeting with yellow vinyl route

2B

Grimco
Reece
N Glantz

all of these sell yellow aluminum.

if not then lay vinyl, painting would be my VERY LAST option

OldPaint

we have a company here called TOWN & COUNTRY METALS. they are a nationwide dist. they sell aluminum and steel metal sheets in COLORS and only as 4 ft x 8 ft or 4 x 10 & 5 x 10 and some sell 024, 032 on rolls. i do a lot of signs like this of different sizes, none bigger the 12 x 18. i purchase the metal take it to someone with a 10' SHEER, have them cut as many as i need at sizes needed.....you need a 24 sq ft of a 32 sq ft sheet. and lookin in your area you got a bunch of metal supply places. and some of them will have a SHEER to custom cut their sheets.
NOTICE!!!!!
WHEN BUYING SHEET METAL...........before applying vinyl or paint, be sure to remove the CLEAR PLASTIC PROTECTIVE SHEET!!!!!!!!!

Billct2

How about upgrading them to reflective? Probably end up costing less to buy pre sheeted yellow reflective blanks than deal with sheeting yourself or painting.

SignKingCanada

What spray paint would you recommend painting pre-painted white aluminum blanks? I need the blanks to be yellow then I'm applying black vinyl numbering, but can't find any suppliers that offer blanks in yellow. They will be permanently outdoors. Any other prep do you recommend or just start spraying yellow? Thanks in advance!