• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Painting temporary holiday designs on storefront windows

signkrazy

I have a customer that asked if I can do temporary store window painting for holidays and specials. Can anyone tell me what is the best paint to use for good quick coverage and easy removal cleanup. Also if you have any tips that would help. I've done the permanent painting before but never tried the temporary. This guy has several stores so I think I'll give it a try. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Skeeter

Billct2

Window splashes are done in latex these days.
Usually lay in a white undercoat then add colors.
There are some good articles on them that have been in Signcraft I think.

OldPaint

back in the day......when everybody did it with paint.......choices were 1-SHOT/RONAN POSTER PAINT for short term or regular 1-SHOT/RONAN for stuff you wanted for more then 2-3 months.
the old paints you could get a solid cover with and those that didnt we added a few drops of silver/aluminum paint to the colors. now all the FLOURECENT COLORS.... you had to apply a white background........cause the pop of the color wouldnt show up without it.
i preferred KILZ...........for background. dried quick and covered with a roller well. and when i got done with graphic, i could immediately take a razor blade to the KILZ that was outside the graphics......quickly and ease.
you can use latex..........gloss i preferred.... just looked better.
this is all 1-SHOT except for the green words on the bottom.........was done in 2000..........and is still on one of the 2 windows i did........
IF YOU WOULD LOOK AT this guys work.........you will see how a pro does it.....and iam sure if you had any questions he is a nice guy and would tell you what you need....
.https://www.google.com/search?q=pre...uBM6syASMpICACg&ved=0CHAQsAQ&biw=1811&bih=819

Attachments

• 804095pool2.jpg
    804095pool2.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 68

Pat Whatley

Not that I'm the authority on window splashes but the last couple I did were done with a latex house paint base and craft acrylics over the top of that. When it came time to get it off the window that stuff came off in tiny little chips. It was easy enough to get off, a razor blade went right through it, but it was a hell of a mess.

OldPaint

pat that is one of the reasons i use KILZ BASE..... dont matter oil base or latex for it........come time to remove it........it comes off not in chips but stripes.........and release from the glass easily.