• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Panel Size/Layout Box Truck

Tony Rome

I need to wrap a 14' box truck and the way it works out when I rip with Versaworks is (approximately) 3 4' panels and the last one is about 2'.
Is that OK or should I make them all the same (like all 42" to = total width)
I think I just select "number of tiles and then enter 4?

Also, I was using the setting ALL CORNERS and .25" that should about right?
I think that ends up giving me .5" overlap
Thanks so much!

Last question, can't seem to remember how I choose which panel to print or just print the first panel, or better yet, say I wanted to start with the 3rd panel where do I select it to print ONLY that one?

Last edited:

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Depends on what width vinyl you run, and how much waste you want to eliminate. I run 54" mostly, And I would probably run those at 50" wide (with 1/2" overlaps), and the last foot and half of each side I'd nest together. And make that last short piece the very back panel on each side.

Tony Rome

Depends on what width vinyl you run, and how much waste you want to eliminate. I run 54" mostly, And I would probably run those at 50" wide (with 1/2" overlaps), and the last foot and half of each side I'd nest together. And make that last short piece the very back panel on each side.
Yes I have an SP540V (54").
So the whole making all the panels the same size doesn't make sense?
Any idea about how I can choose what panel I want to print (individually)?

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Is the surface broken into panels i.e. a natural break between panels? We print oversized panels and use those breaks and trim right to them.

Tony Rome

OK, so I had to get moving and I understand what you were saying ea.
I think I am good. I decided to be a little wasteful just to keep panel sizes the same.
BTW I think I figured out how to select panels, just right click in clip and tile screen.
Thanks guys!

rjssigns

Yes I have an SP540V (54").
So the whole making all the panels the same size doesn't make sense?
Any idea about how I can choose what panel I want to print (individually)?

You can set tiles manually if you want, but I let VW take care of it.

Right click on the panels you want to print or turn off.

Make sure you select Alternate Panels too to mask any color variations from panel to panel.

Last edited:

Tony Rome

You can set tiles manually if you want, but I let VW take care of it.

Right click on the panels you want to print or turn off.

Make sure you select Alternate Panels too to mask any color variations from panel to panel.
LOL, thanks I figured it out probably the same time you posted this.
Appreciate all the help!
I did not see about alternating panels but does that mean it just prints them out of order?
I don't really understand that, but i actually print a panel, then go back print another, I don't print non stop.

PhilaWraps

make them all evenly spaced so your work looks proper OR.....gang up the 2 footers with each other and save material

rjssigns

LOL, thanks I figured it out probably the same time you posted this.
Appreciate all the help!
I did not see about alternating panels but does that mean it just prints them out of order?
I don't really understand that, but i actually print a panel, then go back print another, I don't print non stop.

Alternating panels flips every other panel 180 degrees. You'll want to click on Place Alternated. If there is a color shift it won't be as noticeable. Place Alternated check box is in the lower left of the middle pane in the tiling menu.

Tony Rome

Alternating panels flips every other panel 180 degrees. You'll want to click on Place Alternated. If there is a color shift it won't be as noticeable. Place Alternated check box is in the lower left of the middle pane in the tiling menu.
Thank you!