• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help PANIC! JV3-160S just quit in the middle of a print

Knep

I was printing away tonight, down the the last foot, and the machine just abruptly quit, and the computer made the sound like the fire wire cord disconnected. I immediately hit the power button, checked both ends of the fire wire, and tried to turn it on, and the display screen is blank, and i get nothing, not even a sound. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

A Freaking Out Mike!

Knep

Update, I let her set about 5 minutes, unplugged the power to the back of the machine and outlet (which were not hot or even warm), plugged back in and we are up and running again? Still anyone have any ideas on what might have caused this? No light flickers or anything, my Graphtech plotter, computer, and Versacamm were all on but not running...no glitches...Im stumped!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The JV3 series is a very old machine. My best guess would be there are some electrical components that are just worn out and not functioning to full capacity. It's probably a bad capacitor on the main board.

Knep

The JV3 series is a very old machine. My best guess would be there are some electrical components that are just worn out and not functioning to full capacity. It's probably a bad capacitor on the main board.

What about a power supply?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Power supplies are usually pretty robust. You can test the power output with a voltmeter if you know how to do it.