• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Pantone 2727C with Roland XR640 on Briteline IM2201GY

graphicsottawa

a.k.a. Phaedra
Hi all,

Sorry if this Q doesn't belong here, but I'm new to the forum etc, etc...

I'm trying to colour match Pantone 2727c using a Roland XR640 and Briteline IM2201GY Cal Vinyl. I've been messing around with this for two days now on and off changing CMYK values both in Illustrator and Versaworks. I've managed to get it really close, but it's just not quite bright enough. Am I chasing my tail on this one or is it actually possible to do this?

Thanks for any input.

Phaedra in Ottawa, Canada

Sindex Printing

Couple questions.
How old are your color books?
How close is the color in different lighting? (I have fought with trying to match certain colors and changed the viewing light and it was spot on)
Do you have pictures?
Are the inks past expiration date?
Have you tried a different media? (Different brightness of the the whites can make a difference)
Feel free to message me directly also.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
It might be worth printing the Roland color library swatches and match it from there. There might be some odd combination that works.
Should be able to do this from within Versaworks. Can't recall where exactly as I haven't used it in ~3 years but there were several test swatch files built in.