• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pantone 539c in vinyl

DW Blair

A customer submitted a job spec citing Pantone 539c as the color. Trying to figure out what vinyl is a close color, as the only place I have found that color listed on a vinyl color chart is a foreign 3M chart. A couple of the Avery colors look close to the sample picture they included, but matching a color chart swatch and a picture on a monitor is a recipe for disaster.

shoresigns

Avery Dark Navy Blue (SC 900-697) looks nearly dead-on to me. I have the Pantone coated and Avery books in front of me.

DW Blair

Thanks for the help. Although now all I find about that color is that it has been discontinued. Would you happen to have and Oracal or 3M chart to compare to?

henryz

3M - opaque color chart looks like Light Navy and Indigo. Oracal 751 - [HASHTAG]#518[/HASHTAG] steel blue

Andy D

https://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/653312O/color-card-100.pdf

upload_2019-8-14_16-42-32.png

The RGB equivalent for PMS 539C comes up as R 0, G 43, B 69.

I've attached an Oracal color conversion chart to reference those numbers against. Hopefully, that will help.

Attachments

• master-RGB-conversion-chart.pdf
    301.2 KB · Views: 499