• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pantone Books

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I got a questions for everyone. I wanted your opinion on buying a pantone color book. I contract all my printing out, mainly to signs 365. They print RGB and also can match pantones. Is this the book you guys recommend me to buy?
Any help/input is appreciated. I'm just trying to get my colors to come out a lot "crisper" than what I have been getting.

https://www.amazon.com/Pantone-Colo...01BESCNJM/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Yes, I bought the exact same one from Amazon and that is what you need. Don't use the CMYK/Process side of it though as S365 does a much better job matching the real Pantone colors. I've seen them match lime greens like you wouldn't believe.

DPD

I use one all the time. The PMS book comes in very handy when you need to tell your manufacturers or printers what the color is that you're trying to match. Other times I've used vinyl colors when color matching because my mfg's pretty much have the vinyl swatch books also. The books are expensive but a must.

149motorsports

Thank you to both of you. I'm in the business of doing everything from scratch, so I rarely don't have to match colors. BUT I am very picky about nice vibrant colors.

So when I send an order to signs365. I would design in that color and use the values. Then tell signs365 to match the red as rgb xxx values I would assume?

Thanks for the help!

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Thank you to both of you. I'm in the business of doing everything from scratch, so I rarely don't have to match colors. BUT I am very picky about nice vibrant colors.

So when I send an order to signs365. I would design in that color and use the values. Then tell signs365 to match the red as rgb xxx values I would assume?

Thanks for the help!

Just add the PMS code when you add the artwork. There is an option for "color match". Just do the RGB values in your artwork.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Technically the Pantone spot color books are supposed to be replaced each year. The inks on each strip can fade as well as wear down with frequent use. Another big reason for them to be replaced occasionally: Pantone adds new spot colors from time to time. For example, our shop had to replace the color books we had when taking on some Subway restaurant projects. The new branding scheme used recently added Green and Yellow colors not featured in the old books. Old versions of computer graphics software will also have outdated spot color libraries.