• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Paper for wide format photo printing

StickerBee

Im getting requests from local photographers if I can print some of their portrait photos. Is this something I can do with my Roland BN20? If so, what paper will you recommend? Is this cheaper cost effective for them rather than go to Costo or local print shop?

Please advise. TIA!

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Quality won't even get close to a low end aqueous machine.
I'd pass on this to be honest. We used to print photos on our solvent, but it's an Epson S80600 with gigantic gamut compared to the BN20 and far clearer print quality.
We've moved all photos/posters back to an aqueous. The right tool for the right job.

If you reaaaally want to do this, Sihl 3672 made our clients very happy and was solvent compatible.

StickerBee

Quality won't even get close to a low end aqueous machine.
I'd pass on this to be honest. We used to print photos on our solvent, but it's an Epson S80600 with gigantic gamut compared to the BN20 and far clearer print quality.
We've moved all photos/posters back to an aqueous. The right tool for the right job.

If you reaaaally want to do this, Sihl 3672 made our clients very happy and was solvent compatible.
How do you price them? per sq ft? How much?