• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Paper options?

ASB

I seem to have a problem with customers who want to buy a banner for a special occasion, but don't want to pay for a printed vinyl banner. With that in mind, is there a good option for use with my Falcon outdoor 46 printer using paper?

On the same topic, are there any good options for poster use that could be framed and hung on a wall?

Thanks

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We buy 110lb. offset paper over runs. About 51" to 55" wide on a roll weighing about 200 lbs. You can run that stuff through just about any printer other than thermal resins. I don't know much about the 'Flacons' [other than I don't have one], but keep your head high and use a profile for most any matte paper from your software. Certain inks will wick out a little bit, but nothing to worry about for a banner.

And.... :Welcome: to the forum, from PA.

Billct2

Try Lexjet, I get a cheap poly banner material that is tearproof & waterproof.
I also have 98lb and 150lb paper

ahollow

Be careful of the dirt and dust paper can leave in your printer. I wouldn't do it. So what are you saving your customer? A 3x6 (18 sq ft) banner costs $5.00 in banner material, and probably $2.00 in paper material. Is it worth saving $3 out of a sales price of $70-150 to risk the print heads in your machine?

ahollow

PS: you can get a good paper for the Falcon, just make sure it is rated for eco-sol printing. May cost a few pennies more, but it will be cleaner and protect those expensive heads. Try www.sihlusa.com and check theie printable paper and find a dealer near you.