• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help paper stretching

johno71

Hello all,
I have encountered a problem with my plotter. It seems the plotter paper i am using is stretching. If I plot a 24" x 96" box it comes out at 24"x 96.25" on paper. But if i cut the same box out of vinyl it comes out the correct size. Has anyone ever experienced this? I plot a lot of paper patterns and it seems this has only started happening recently. Its a graphtech ce5000 and I am using standard 20lb plotter paper. I have tried slowing the speed down and lowering the pen pressure, neither have helped. I have tried several different roles of paper and that does not seem to help either.
Thanks for any input.
John

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I have a hard time believing paper is stretching. You need to run an output size compensation for your paper plotting setting. It's obviously set different than your standard plot settings.

klmiller611

I ran into a similar issue with our flatbed, stuff was printing off dimensions the long way, I think it was short, which if you are making stuff to fit inside aluminum extrusion stuff is not a good thing. Nothing was helpful in the material we had, so finally started exploring Onyx and found adjustments for print length, took a while to print samples, and calculate the size. Might be something similar in your plotter software.

Ken Miller