• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Partial Wrap - HELP

Darion Judd

Okay, I need some help. The customer wants their Pro-Master to look just like this and the customer gets what the customer wants. My issue with it is that when I design it the part that I would print exceeds 54" so I can't print in one piece. I could print it in sections but I fear like it'll look like crap and it will be a pain in the butt to get everything to register up correctly. Is this what you would do or do I have options that I'm just not seeing here. THANK YOU FOR YOUR FEEDBACK IN ADVANCE! :) FYI: This is my first partial and this makes me love my full wraps. lol:D

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 540

jfiscus

Rap Master
Flip every other tile, use 1" overlap on seams, and be sure to give yourself enough extra to go up and over and to go on around the back corners. This is how all wraps are done. By the way, this is actually a full wrap in your photo; the white is just the un-printed area.

Darion Judd

Flip every other tile, use 1" overlap on seams, and be sure to give yourself enough extra to go up and over and to go on around the back corners. This is how all wraps are done. By the way, this is actually a full wrap in your photo; the white is just the un-printed area.

Are you sure that’s a full wrap? If the van was white wouldn’t you just leave it white? Also, what do you mean by flip every other panel?

AKwrapguy

maybe don't do vertical panels but horizontal panels instead and work from the bottom up us the body lines for your seams. Also why do a partial wrap? It looks like this could be a full wrap. Honestly I think that would almost be easier. Start with the rear of the vehicle so you can match everything up correctly and than go from there.

As far a the flipping every other panel, it when your printing. When printing multi panel wraps it's often a good idea to flip every other panel. This helps with inconsistencies in printing long runs.

AKwrapguy

Are you sure that’s a full wrap? If the van was white wouldn’t you just leave it white? Also, what do you mean by flip every other panel?

Shouldn't you know this? Did you do this design? Do you have the files? Also not wanting to sound rude but have you ever wrapped/printed a vehicle like this before? If not there is a learning curve. Make sure to give yourself a good bleed on the rear as you have to wrap it all the way around to the door and are you wrapping the hinges?

Darion Judd

Shouldn't you know this? Did you do this design? Do you have the files? Also not wanting to sound rude but have you ever wrapped/printed a vehicle like this before? If not there is a learning curve. Make sure to give yourself a good bleed on the rear as you have to wrap it all the way around to the door and are you wrapping the hinges?
I did in fact state that this is my first printed partial wrap. I did not design the wrap in the picture so I have no idea if its a full wrap or not. I'm assuming its a partial. I did redesign the wrap to fit a 2017 Pro Master. I do realize that I should leave plenty of bleed room on the back and believe me, I did. Also, hell to the no, I'm not wrapping hinges. LOL

jfiscus

Rap Master
If this is your first wrap definitely go with vertical panels. Also, you might want to go ahead an subcontract the installation out on this job. Get a quote from a local installer and build that into your price.

Darion Judd

If this is your first wrap definitely go with vertical panels. Also, you might want to go ahead an subcontract the installation out on this job. Get a quote from a local installer and build that into your price.
I appreciate the advice but think I'll be okay. If I don't do it myself I'll never learn. Plus, I own my own printer so if I mess up I can just reprint. I realize being a new installer that everything isn't going to go as planned right off the bat and it may cost me a little but in the end it will all be worth it.

Bly

We do Sprinters in 2 horizontal panels, join along one of the body lines.
A full wrap will be quicker and easier than cutting all that out.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
That's not a partial it's a full wrap.
If the areas that are white are getting contour cut stuff on them anyway, you're covering the same square footage on top of making more work for yourself (cut graphics need weeded, taped) and making more exposed edges.

AKwrapguy

Wouldn't you use quite a bit more material to do it in two horizontal pieces?

I don't think so. But if there is a difference I don't think it would matter enough, I also think that the horizontal panels would bean less time lining up panels which mean less time spent working and more profit.... which brings up another point how much time did you estimate to wrap this? What material and laminate are you using? What was your estimate to the customer?

Darion Judd

I don't think so. But if there is a difference I don't think it would matter enough, I also think that the horizontal panels would bean less time lining up panels which mean less time spent working and more profit.... which brings up another point how much time did you estimate to wrap this? What material and laminate are you using? What was your estimate to the customer?
I just looked and printing the design in two horizontal sections put at double the material. I plan on using 1105/1360 for material.

Bly

I doubt it's double. One panel usually has a bit of waste but install time is way quicker.