• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

pc 600 help

cmbheli

I recently was given a pc600 and when we did the test print everything was fine. Upon getting it set up with the software and cleaning the head, the test print came out with about a 1/4 gap between the print. As you can see in the pics it looks like the center of the head is not heating up. Just wondering if this is a blown head or not, i have a line on new oem heads but i have to buy three so i want to make sure this is what it is. Thanks in advance!!!!! Chris P.S. i have the service manual and all the test came out fine head temp and voltage.[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• IMAG0031.jpg
    IMAG0031.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 148
  • IMAG0032.jpg
    IMAG0032.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 71

401Graphics

probably. Heads have been knows to go on these things. Sell it, put the money towards better equipment. I sold the one i got for free for $1600 but nothing was wrong with it. I just didnt like that it printed so slow and you would only get about 6 sq feet out of a set of ribbon.

Tizz

You need a new head.

Can I ask what do you intend on printing with this printer? and how big are you planning to go?

Alpha Star

I've blown about 14 heads over the years. 12 of those times, it manifested as a single electrode not firing (a razor thin line not printing). Once, and only once, did I see this and conclude that it was a blown head. Usually, when a large band doesn't print, there's a mechanical problem, like the ribbon is not feeding correctly.

Here's how you can tell... If it's always a consistent gap that's not printing... never changing at all, and you're sure the head is clean, then it's a blown head. If the gap is slightly angled, or if it comes and goes, then your head can likely be salvaged.

It's hard for me to tell from these pics though.... does the gap always measure the same exact width?

Edge Remover

Probably head is damaged, its really sensitive. Try different color tapes if bad tapes. Check voltage on head, that is really important. We have PC60 and changed head many times.

cmbheli

First off thanks for all the replies:thankyou: I recieved this while helping a friend move, i had planned on using it for little stuff like one offs and hard hat decals.It came with over 60 nib rolland ribbons so im way far ahead as far as the machine goes. I know they are dinos but if i only have to put i few bucks in it to get it up and running its worth it to me.(Everyone has a opinion).I found a place to get heads fairly cheap and they are oem but i have to buy three thats why i was asking for help. As far as the consistancies it is very consistant thats why i was leading toward the head. I have the service manual and as far as that goes everything came in check.