• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PC police at work here?

Vinylman

when I left yesterday [ prior to the board going bonkers and not loading correctly for 20+ hours] there was a thread about the dog shooting in Lubbock, TX.
Now there isn't even a hint it ever existed. No locked thread, nothing under Arlo search, NOTHING!

What am I missing?:help

SignosaurusRex

WoW! Things really are "f'd up" around here! Most of what I get is old threads. No sign of the little bit I read/responded to early this afternoon. I hope you get it straightened out Fred.

ProWraps

wondering what happened.

ouch, i feel your pain fred. did your provider have a back up that was more current?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
WoW! Things really are "f'd up" around here! Most of what I get is old threads. No sign of the little bit I read/responded to early this afternoon. I hope you get it straightened out Fred.

When I reopened the forum earlier today I posted a warning that we were still running on an old database and that when we finally accomplished a restoration of the most current database any posts made in the meantime would be lost. So also was any post or new member from any time later than 4AM on Saturday because the last good backup was done at that time.

So, it's as straightened out as it's ever going to be.

The sad part of all this is that the repair of my mistake should have taken about five minutes. Instead the server maintenance contractor we've used for the last seven years didn't go about things correctly and then let things sit for hours on end. They have been fired. It was a fiasco and I have retained an individual who helped here with other issues in the past to work in that capacity from this point forward. His name is Anthony and he was able to repair things here in about five minutes while on the phone with me at the same time.