Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC police at work here?

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Vinylman, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Vinylman

Vinylman Very Active Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Berlin Center, Ohio
    when I left yesterday [ prior to the board going bonkers and not loading correctly for 20+ hours] there was a thread about the dog shooting in Lubbock, TX.
    Now there isn't even a hint it ever existed. No locked thread, nothing under Arlo search, NOTHING!

What am I missing?:help

Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    It was posted into a different database. Any post made after 4 am on Saturday has been lost.

3. Vinylman

Vinylman Very Active Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Berlin Center, Ohio
    youch!!

4. SignosaurusRex

SignosaurusRex Major Contributor

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    WoW! Things really are "f'd up" around here! Most of what I get is old threads. No sign of the little bit I read/responded to early this afternoon. I hope you get it straightened out Fred.

5. ProWraps

ProWraps Very Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    wondering what happened.

ouch, i feel your pain fred. did your provider have a back up that was more current?

6. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    When I reopened the forum earlier today I posted a warning that we were still running on an old database and that when we finally accomplished a restoration of the most current database any posts made in the meantime would be lost. So also was any post or new member from any time later than 4AM on Saturday because the last good backup was done at that time.

So, it's as straightened out as it's ever going to be.

The sad part of all this is that the repair of my mistake should have taken about five minutes. Instead the server maintenance contractor we've used for the last seven years didn't go about things correctly and then let things sit for hours on end. They have been fired. It was a fiasco and I have retained an individual who helped here with other issues in the past to work in that capacity from this point forward. His name is Anthony and he was able to repair things here in about five minutes while on the phone with me at the same time.

7. Craig Sjoquist

Craig Sjoquist Major Contributor

Jun 18, 2004
    Orlando
    :clapping::cool1::U Rock:.:thankyou:3 cheers for Anthony