• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PDF output setting for CorelDraw ??

Biggermens

Hello everyone

I been ripping my eyeballs out trying to export a pdf with cut lines, and the cut lines are not showing up in versaworks,
Anyone know the settings to export PDF from corel so the cut lines show up ??
I done it before and now its not working :(

Thanks

Andy D

I have had the same issue, try converting the image to bitmap (not with cutline) & then exporting it.
Also, I'm sure you know the outline color needs to be a spot color named "CutContour" & it needs to be set as a hairline thickness.

Edited to elaborate; If the print file is vector, you don't need to convert to bitmap in Corel, but if the print file is an image you imported into Corel, sometimes you have to convert to bitmap in Corel & then export with the vector "CutContour" outline.

Last edited:

Biggermens

Thanks everyone for your help,

I do run my versaworks as administrator
I made sure all my colours are name right etc.. they work if i export it as a EPS, I usually work with EPS but when i have a very large file it wont stop ripping at 20%
I don't it before years ago but cant remember how i did it, i guess its part of getting old :( hehe
I gave up on the PDF for now and went back to EPS, reduces to 80% and up to 120% in versawork, so far so good, i have one part left to rip the biggest one of them all

Thanks
Biggs

unclebun

Just don't have it convert spot colors. When it converts, it loses the name needed for the RIP software to recognize it's the cut line.