• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PDF rip from AI color changes???

NSDdesigns

I recently started using Illustrator on a MAC full time at my shop, switching from coral on a PC. But now as I am saving my PDF's to open and rip to print on my Roland sp300. the colors are changing?

Are there color profiles I need to use or download so I can make this work? I'm kinda of lost here as to how and get a good rip now. FYI, I am still using colorrip, not versaworks, but this process should relay over the same, right? I hope.

My dark green printed light blue, and now my red is printing even ligher blue? Blacks and grays seem to be just fine.

PLEASE help. Thanks!!

NSDdesigns

The PC that was used when I purchased this company, has an established PDF style, labeled roland printer.

How can I access this style or profile? Or can I just download or create a new one that will be compatible on my MAC using Illy?

Thanks.

OlsonSigns601

I use Corel Draw and I also color changes when I rip to PDF to use as my rip file.

When colors matter (and most of the time they do) I rip to a .jpg or .psd and then use an accompanying .eps mask file.