• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Peeved an Onyx Right Now!!

Have been running version 12 for quite awhile. Now they have released version 12.1 and on the Onyx website it says that one of the features is to be able to create G7 color profiles directly in Onyx. What they don't tell you is that you need to have Thrive to have it included for no additional $$. If you have Production House (me) you need to cough up another $1495 to get the option added to your key. This is deceptive in my opinion. I just paid $700 to update my Onyx Advantage customer support package so I could upgrade to 12.1. Now I have paid all that money and don't get to use any new real options....

So if you are thinking about upgrading for this reason....be aware!!

this is a screen grab of the website. No where does it say you need to pay extra. If Production House isn't included then don't have a picture of Thrive and Postershop onyx 12.1.jpg

Christian @ 2CT Media

Have been running version 12 for quite awhile. Now they have released version 12.1 and on the Onyx website it says that one of the features is to be able to create G7 color profiles directly in Onyx. What they don't tell you is that you need to have Thrive to have it included for no additional $$. If you have Production House (me) you need to cough up another $1495 to get the option added to your key. This is deceptive in my opinion. I just paid $700 to update my Onyx Advantage customer support package so I could upgrade to 12.1. Now I have paid all that money and don't get to use any new real options....

So if you are thinking about upgrading for this reason....be aware!!

This has been the onyx way since 7... promise the world with the next edition then make you pay to upgrade to subadditions to get all the promises.

johnnysigns

Caldera's not perfect, but it's so much more intuitive for the workflow we run and use at our shop. I don't missing using Onyx and all it's strange workflow at all.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Not sure if you missed where i had said the g7 inside onyx is pretty useless as you cannot do or see what it's doing.

You should have tried the trial. The trial knows what key you have so it'll work like you have 12.1 for 30 days or so. Only thing it won't allow you to do is create a ICC profile (last step) But you still could have seen the G7 or if it had worked.

Also if you had asked, and wanted to know if the upgrade was worth it for G7 alone. I would have said no, get Curve3 instead. works with onyx.

Well now you have 12.1. Some other new features. it is quicker.

Next time, download and install the trial. It will not install over your version of onyx. so you still can use your older version.

I was pleasantly surprised to receive a personal phone call from Kevin Murphy the CEO of Onyx today. We have resolved my issue. I do have to say that Onyx customer support is top notch and they do take customer satisfaction seriously.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I was pleasantly surprised to receive a personal phone call from Kevin Murphy the CEO of Onyx today. We have resolved my issue. I do have to say that Onyx customer support is top notch and they do take customer satisfaction seriously.

You pay for it, You should expect a good customer support.