• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pen Tool - How to reset anchor point?

bold_will_hold

I'm unsure if this option exist in flexi but I have never been able to find it.
In Illustrator when you are using the pen tool and making a curve you can click on the last anchor point you created and it almost resets it so the next line you drawl is not predicted.
for example if you try to draw a circle in four points with the pen tool it will start automatically creating a complementing curve. If you want to stray away from that type of curve you simply click the last anchor point
then the next line you drawl can go any direction.

I have not found that option in flexi it always want to complete the shape I am drawling with an awkward shaped line.
My solution beside using illustrator is to create a very small straight line then flexi will abandon the auto curve.

using flexi10, thanks for any help!

SignStudent

Best option I've come up with is to move just one anchor handle independently from the other in the direction I want the new curve to go. This is done by holding the left mouse button down over the handle you want to move then holding control and dragging it to wherever. Alternatively click "cusp" in design central so you don't have to hold control when moving the handle.

SignStudent

Here's a quick example I came up with for the cusp node. Not as easy as just clicking in illustrator but it's better than making a small line you don't need IMO.

Attachments

• Example.jpg
    Example.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 152