• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pens, Is there always a few dozen bad ones?

J

john1

Just received a order for pens for my company from cheappens. I know i know, The name has cheap in it but i read some good reviews on the forums about this company so i decided to give it a shot.

Pens turned out great minus about 2 dozen out of 300 that were either half printed (half design was literally not there) or smudged so bad you couldn't make out the design.

Is this normal for pen printing? I mean i didn't pay a lot for 300 pens but when i do 300 decals for a customer, I give them 300 quality decals they can use.

:corndog:

wildside

that is not normal, "cheap" is "cheap"

anytime we have ordered pens, i have never noticed a single one that the printing is messed up, but occasionally come across a "bad pen" you know that don't write for crap.... but still looked good

I ordered my pens for cheappens.com also and I beleive thier site as well as most such sites has a statement allowing for a percentage of shortage.

J

john1

I ordered my pens for cheappens.com also and I beleive thier site as well as most such sites has a statement allowing for a percentage of shortage.

All i see is a overrun/underrun disclaimer

"Since it is not always possible to imprint the exact quantity ordered, it is agreed that an overrun or underrun of not more than 10%, to be billed pro-rata, is acceptable as fulfillment of any order."

.No biggie but like i said, If someone orders X amount it would be nice to have that exact amount, A few over if anything not under.

Never know what someone might need the amount ordered for, Might be a exact amount needed for their use. Try this when someone orders a dozen yard signs, Only give them 10 that they can use lol

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Their "business model" appears to be running at a zero percent scrap rate. That's because they're selling their scrap to you.

I don't know about you, but I couldn't make it if 20% of everything I did was total scrap.

The most distrubing part is that it's a visible defect that any first grader could easily identify and cull.

"Price, Quality or Service"...pick any two at the cost of the third.

JB

royster13

www.cheappens.com mostly sells Bic/Norwood and Papermate products.....In my experience, a defect rate like you are describing is quite rare.....Both of these suppliers typically have good quality imprints....I would bring it to their attention and ask for an adjustment.....

J

john1

I just emailed them about it, It's not a big big deal but just something i didn't know was rare or common for pen printing.

bernie

I just emailed them about it, It's not a big big deal but just something i didn't know was rare or common for pen printing.

Sorry but ... it should be a big deal! Duh! How embarrassing for a you if
you are giving out a pen and the printing looks like crap. And how bad for your company if you filled an order for one of your customers and got pens that were not top notch. Cheap means price and should not mean quality.

A disclaimer or not, they did not fill the requested order properly and should
fix 'their' problem. Obviously their quality control dept. is slacking.

I ordered pens for my company years ago. Man were they nice! Not sure who they came from as there was a middle man. Only problem I had was a few that the ink didn't write real nice ... got about 50 refill things in the mail.

Bernie

"Deposit Please"

..nothing worse than finally finding one....and it doesn't write. I usually chuck it (hard as I can) across the shop.....don't care what or who it hits.

Pat Whatley

..nothing worse than finally finding one....and it doesn't write. I usually chuck it (hard as I can) across the shop.....don't care what or who it hits.

So that it's still around the next time you go looking for a pen and you get to do it all over again? :ROFLMAO:

I worked with a guy who NEVER threw out pens that were out of ink or dried up markers. He'd grab one, try it, if it didn't work he'd throw it right back in the drawer and grab another one....and another one....and another one. Usually followed by him screaming "None of these damn pens work!" while the rest of us just laughed.

J

john1

Just received a refund of $10 from cheap pens for the ones that were messed up. Wow, That was unexpected.

I will be ordering again now that i know they back you like this *thumbsup