• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Perf Cut Fc8000

Dice

When we try this on our FC8000, it comes out terrible, the edges look like a saw blade, customers expect the edge to be clean cut or at least close to it.

I don't remember the cuts being like this when they demoed the unit at the show.

I saw Rolands cuts recently in FL and they were perf cut out perfectly.

So we must be doing something wrong. What angle blade should we be using and is there some other setting other than line-type, quality and pressure that we need to adjust.

When ours perf cuts it's like a sewing machine beating on the vinyl.

We have no issues with normal vinyl cuts, just perf cuts.

briankb

Premium Subscriber
I do media bridge type cuts on my CE5000-60 and it was as simple as upping the pressure just a bit on the setting. you need a very good blade. I use the clean cut blades instead of the OEM. The key is getting it just enough to make it fall apart when you pull a little bit but not enough to fall apart while in the machine.

I know that's probably not the same as your perf cut feature but I thought I would share anyway. I make a lot of stickers using the PhotoTex material and this technique works very well.

cgsigns_jamie

I have an FC8000 and a Roland XC-540... the Graphtec is WAY better for perf-cutting than the Roland.

Here's what I use... I think they are the defaults for Condition 3, I only changed the blade depth and force
I'm also using a 60º Blade in the Red Blade Holder

Condition 3
Tool: CB15U+0
Speed: 50 cm/s
Force: 48
Accel: 4
Cut Line Pattern:
- Type: 1
- Cut Length: .315"
- Up Length: .008"
- Up Mode: UP
Tool: 3
Tangent Emulation: OFF

Dice

Thanks Much CG, I know we are doing something wrong. Are your perf cuts nice and smooth? Are you using cutting master 2?

scene329

Use the CBU15 blades and the red tool for die cutting. You will also need to put the red tool in the position closest to you. You'll need to play around with the force, speed and cut length to get this right. Also, it depends on the type of material you are using as well.

Are you laminating everything that you are die cutting? If not, you might run into issues of the die cuts falling out next to the rollers and causing problems. If you have some questions PM me. We have an FC8000 and use it everyday. We are having issues with it reading glossy laminate.. Do you use a glossy laminate?

DRamm76

Are you getting jagged edges along the sides only? Or throughout the entire cut? The FC8000 was made for this type of work, so there must be some adjustments made on your end.

The settings that CGSigns provided are exactly what I would use. Did you give that a try?

cgsigns_jamie

Thanks Much CG, I know we are doing something wrong. Are your perf cuts nice and smooth? Are you using cutting master 2?

Sorry for the delay, just now got back to this thread...

One thing I forgot to mention.. I contour cut the graphics first like normal, making a complete cut through the vinyl. Then I re-load the graphics and change to condition 3 and change to the red blade holder. Then I do my perf-cut.

So basically you have to cut the graphics twice, once to cut the vinyl and the second time to cut the liner/backer.

Sorry for the delay, just now got back to this thread...

One thing I forgot to mention.. I contour cut the graphics first like normal, making a complete cut through the vinyl. Then I re-load the graphics and change to condition 3 and change to the red blade holder. Then I do my perf-cut.

So basically you have to cut the graphics twice, once to cut the vinyl and the second time to cut the liner/backer.

You have a pic of the red blade holder? I only have a blue one...