• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Perf/Flex cut plotters

TomK

Hey All,

I already own a Summa S2T which I LOVE, however I am looking for another "lower end" plotter, but I would like something that does the perf/flex cut and kiss/contour cut all in one pass like the Summa cutters do.

My Graphtec FC8600 requires me to change/move the blade for perf/flex cut, so I am curious if there are any other plotters out there that work like the Summa's do - allow you to contour/kiss cut and flex/perf cut all on one pass, without changing anything or moving anything.

Anyone know if other vendors so this, or is Summa the only one?

Thanks!

ikarasu

All the summa does is cut over the strip, doesnt it? Is there a reason you can't do that with the graphtec? The channel is an added feature... I don't see why you cant just set our perf cut to use a condition that uses blade 1.

You'll likelly cut the strip up a bit, but it should be no worst than the Summa cutting the strip.

I Dont own a summa... thats just my understanding of them, so correct me if I'm wrong!

The cutter protection strip on Summa machines is a fabric-like surface which is far more robust than teflon. While still a consumable, the Summa strip tends to last much longer when perf cutting.

The other option on the Graphtec would be to run both the kiss and perf cuts in position 3 (forward position).

TomK

The cutting strip on the summa is a soft material, as you know the cutting strip on the graphtec is a hard plastic.

I'm not happy with my Graphtec anyhow and looking for something else to replace it with.

TomK

The cutter protection strip on Summa machines is a fabric-like surface which is far more robust than teflon. While still a consumable, the Summa strip tends to last much longer when perf cutting.

The other option on the Graphtec would be to run both the kiss and perf cuts in position 3 (forward position).
Hey Paul!

Tried that, without a backing for position 3, my kiss/contour cuts come out horrible and inconsistent. Not sure if I am doing it wrong or have an improper setting to kiss/contour cut in position 3 though...gave up after a few hours of testing it out.

I have seen Graphtec staff use the approach at trade shows. It looked OK, but I've never attempted to weed the output. It might work better with thicker calendared SAV films (4-6 mils).

TomK

It appears the Mutoh ValueCut plotters also do a single job of kiss/contour cut and perf/flex cut, at least from what I saw online.

Anyone use Mutoh plotters and anything good or bad to say about them?

Thanks!

nico

Hey guys, if anyone figures out how to get good kiss/contour cuts with the Graphtec FC8600 using it over the channel on position (tool) 3 like Tom and P Wagner said, it would be great if you could share the settings you used!