• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Perforated graphic coming loose

3Dsigns

The graphic on my trucks window has been on for a couple years but still looks fine. It's beginning to come loose at the top edge. Is there some type of adhesive I can dab up there so I can get a few more months out of it before trashing and re-doing it? Thanks! :)

Attachments

• truck back window.jpg
    truck back window.jpg
    863.6 KB · Views: 172

letterman7

Be glad you got that much out of it. Window perf was never meant to be a permanent thing. One year at most..

papabud

Lone Wolf
yes i would trim it a little and seal the edge. you can use optically clear laminate strips to reseal the edge

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
If you don't want to cut it back just use primer. I don't use clear tape. just primer around the edges. Doing it for several years. No issues.

ikarasu

As mentioned, 3M Edge tape would do the trick. If you dont have tape / want to just use materials around the shop... All 3M edge tape is, is optically clear overlam cut into a strip. Just cut a small strip of overlam and use it to seal the edges... Won't look as good as optically clear, but if you plan on changing it in a few months and don't have any edge tape on hand, it'll work in a pinch.

KMC

Graphic Artist
why did you give me a thumbs down?
because the primer does not give the needed build up around the edges to properly seal it and the primer will trap more dirt on areas where it is exposed

try this if you prefer a liquid seal
1-shot-seal-it-pen-vinyl-edge-sealer.jpg