• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Perforated vinyl ?

copythat

We are getting these streaks on our perf. We moved the image on the roll to the left & to the right & the same streaks come up in the same poistion . Anyone have a clue what is causing this? Only on perf material

Attachments

• IMG00022-20090422-1602.jpg
    IMG00022-20090422-1602.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 98

briderx

I am assuming you are printing on white? I would think the head is hitting the perf (perf sticks up a little higher than regular vinyl. This is just an idea...

copythat

White of course

What we noticed when we enlarged the image on our screen, you can see that the lines are showing up where ever the gaps show. This is 50/50 perf. We just tested 65/35 and it didn't happen, maybe cause were at the end of the roll. But even then, at $600 a roll, the whole thing should be good. And if that's the case were going only for 75' from now on.

briderx

Yeah, a lot of the materials we get here.. Only certain parts are useable. Seems that is a "standard" that lots of companies have dropped to. The first foot or so is garbage, because they put that tape that needs cut off.. Then the last, because it got squished when rolling. Sometimes edges have creases.. Dunno. I personally call the distributor each time and complain. Stating that isn't what I paid for.

So, issue resolved?

MikePro

Apologies for the Zombie thread, but I came across this while searching before posting my own issue.

Any resolution to your issue?
id chime in, now years after the fact, that the streaks you see could be a non-issue. Just ink pooling in spots in the clear backer, that won't show up in your final application.

Dial-up the pass rate to the max and these will possibly disappear, as well.