• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem Perhaps A Problem................................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I've written many reply posts and also did editing to some posts and lotsa times a line will go right through the middle of certain words. There is a thread going on right now about a MacMedia scam. It happened at various places in there, to name a start. What causes this and how can we avoid/prevent it ?? Is this a glitch or something wrong at unknown time ??

:thankyou: Gino

SignsSupport

Support & Tech Administrator
Hey Gino ... Which post and/or thread are you exactly referring to?
If you can link to the actual post/thread it would be much more helpful in troubleshooting any possible issues.
You'll see the post number in the upper right-hand corner of each post.

Thanks,

J.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That was it. When you use a square bracket on both sides of a lower case s it becomes stuck text. (S) doesn't happen on my tablet, because I don't have those brackets, just on my shop computer.

:thankyou:

C

ColoPrinthead

Since there is a problem thread, I just mention that is getting annoying seeing a pop-up about me having ad-blocker several times a day; especially since I don't have an ad blocker and see all of the ads. Firefox.

SignsSupport

Support & Tech Administrator
Since there is a problem thread, I just mention that is getting annoying seeing a pop-up about me having ad-blocker several times a day; especially since I don't have an ad blocker and see all of the ads. Firefox.
There was a slight problem with usergroup permissions which I've since fixed. If you do not have ad block installed at all - you should definitely not be seeing the alert. It is currently set, though, to show once every three hours for regular members, with the option of dismissing the notice when it shows. As an FWIW ... It is currently not set to show for Merchant and Premium member usergroups. More info on upgraded memberships can be found at Paid Membership | Signs101

ColoPrinthead - which version of Firefox are you using? And you're absolutely sure you do not have adblock installed on your browser? Please verify by checking your Firefox extensions.

Thanks,

J.

C

ColoPrinthead

There was a slight problem with usergroup permissions which I've since fixed. If you do not have ad block installed at all - you should definitely not be seeing the alert. It is currently set, though, to show once every three hours for regular members, with the option of dismissing the notice when it shows. As an FWIW ... It is currently not set to show for Merchant and Premium member usergroups. More info on upgraded memberships can be found at Paid Membership | Signs101

ColoPrinthead - which version of Firefox are you using? And you're absolutely sure you do not have adblock installed on your browser? Please verify by checking your Firefox extensions.

Thanks,

J.
51.0.1 I am probably seeing the every 3 hour alert.

Signs101Admin

Owner
Staff member
You must because that is the only thing that trips it. I use Firefox and have not seen it . Do you use anti virus, some of those include ad blockers.

C

ColoPrinthead

Microsoft Security Essentials. I see your adds, they don't bother me one bit and I actually have visited a few of them.

ikarasu

Just wanted to post it was happening to me too. I have an adblocker, but have the site whitelisted (And I do see the ads). I find the ads actually relevant, and click on them quite a bit. so I had the site whitelisted.

The popup was pretty annoying though, so I added a rule that blocks the popup from showing up. (Cat and mouse, huh? MY ad blocker is now blocking your ads about you not wanting me to block your ads!) Unfortunately that also means the site is no longer white listed. That being said, it's only my work computer thats having the problem for some reason, not my home computer... My home computer / phone is where I do 90% of the sites browsing anyways, And S101 is still whitelisted on them. Just wanted to throw in and say it is happening to me also, not just colorprinthead. (Using chrome by the way).