• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

"permanant" Floor Graphics

Bill Modzel

I have a client looking for the most durable longest lasting floor graphics possible. They would actually be "water hazards" on cruise ship miniature golf courses and some hardware would actually be bolted to the deck through them, hence, the request for permanence. I have jobs installed in a local grocery store chain that are looking a bit ragged on the edges after 2 years.
Also, the edges cannot be trapped under the laminate as we would just be providing a roll of them which would be cut into their desired shapes by the client.
Thanks

Bill Modzel

I was looking at my informational sheet on the alumagraphics. I'm not sure about the "grainy" texture of the floor version and how it may work for he putt putt. I'll have to get a bit more information from my client.
Bigfish,I'm not sure what G-Floor is. I don't recognize that name.

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
+1 for GFloor. G-Floor - Ultraflex MM Merritt Graphics on here sells it. It's a very thick rollable substrate with texture on the face. Its printed second surface with a UV flatbed and backed with either a flood coat of white or white vinyl. Used a lot early on for garage floor graphics that needed to be extremely durable, but museums and places that get HEAVY foot traffic are using it now. It's very expensive though, but I will last. My only concern would be outdoor durability if these are going to be exposed to the sun on the cruise ship. You may want to get an Ultraflexx rep to give you some idea about that. Also, keep in mind that this stuff is sold by the linear foot printed. So if the roll is 10' wide and you only need a strip thats 4'x 16', you'll be paying for the unprinted portion as well. We ran into that situation on some stage graphics for a tradeshow display and filled the unprinted area with showroom graphics. Good Luck!

Denton Visual

Visual Sponge
I have a client looking for the most durable longest lasting floor graphics possible. They would actually be "water hazards" on cruise ship miniature golf courses and some hardware would actually be bolted to the deck through them, hence, the request for permanence. I have jobs installed in a local grocery store chain that are looking a bit ragged on the edges after 2 years.
Also, the edges cannot be trapped under the laminate as we would just be providing a roll of them which would be cut into their desired shapes by the client.
Thanks
Check www.signs365.com, they have a very good one. That is assuming you're planning on using it indoors. I know about a vinyl that is used across roads for races and such, that's even a more powerful adhesive (of course)

I believe signs 365 offers a guarantee with their floor graphics. I'm going to keep my asphalt graphic info to myself, but if you think you want to go that route contact me and i'll explain it to you.

Bill Modzel

Thanks everyone. This ended up being one of those jobs that there was not enough information given the first time to provide a successful solution for the customer. The basically wanted on overhead photograph of a ponds that would coincidently fit the actual outlines on they're putt putt course. By the time I finally got an accurate description of what they wanted I suggested that they just find a local sign shop that's comfortable with good illustration and hire them to paint their "ponds".

ActionGraphics

Thanks everyone. This ended up being one of those jobs that there was not enough information given the first time to provide a successful solution for the customer. The basically wanted on overhead photograph of a ponds that would coincidently fit the actual outlines on they're putt putt course. By the time I finally got an accurate description of what they wanted I suggested that they just find a local sign shop that's comfortable with good illustration and hire them to paint their "ponds".

Clear coat over the top?

Denton Visual

Visual Sponge

Bill,

I would not suggest that, If you're a designer you can make the design and we can print it and contour cut it to the shapes they need. As I said, we have a floor graphic that is made for track and field, the type of graphics used when a big city does a marathon, or some company who's really savvy with their marketing and extends their advertising out front of the building.

We could do the design and the print for you and you mark it up for your client, or we could just do the printing if you're a designer yourself. Just want you to know the option is there....