• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Permanent decal on rubber floor basketball court

White Haus

Not a Newbie
A customer is looking for a permanent decal for a school's basketball court. Decal would be a 52" circle in center court.

The flooring is apparently rubber - specs are attached.

Has anyone done anything like this and had it hold up? We would only be supplying the decal, and they apparently can't clear on top of it since it's rubber and not wood.

High tack vinyl w/ anti-slip laminate? IJ180cv3 w/ 8520?

Any advice/tips/warnings?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• image004.jpg
    image004.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 154
  • image007.png
    image007.png
    143.5 KB · Views: 119

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
The non slip has a different coefficient of friction to the rubber floor likely. Don't want them to hit the graphic and suddenly stop sliding the sneakers. Maybe a GF high Tac or Arlon DPF 8000 or 8200 series for High Tac.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Have hand-painted many over the years and varnished overtop for wooden floors, but with a rubber floor, how will sneakers and other athletic shoes react when you suddenly come in contact with a totally different surface ?? I would think other than painting on this surface, nothing will be safe.

I can see, making a template and finding the right kinda paint to put down, but the wear agent is not gonna be good.

unclebun

Check with the manufacturer of the flooring. If it's something like Connor XT, putting the wrong things will void the floor warranty. That type of flooring only allows marking with a two part polyurethane floor marking paint (the stuff they paint the stripes and lane with). You even have to use their approved masking tape to mark things off. The paint is spray-apply only.

Inks

Is there a coating on this type of rubber floor? Rubber is a difficult surface to adhere to.
The non slip has a different coefficient of friction to the rubber floor likely. Don't want them to hit the graphic and suddenly stop sliding the sneakers. Maybe a GF high Tac or Arlon DPF 8000 or 8200 series for High Tac.
Of those two Arlon products the 8000 shrinks quite a bit unless they modified it, 8200 would be better if it adheres to rubber.