• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Phone Solicitation for Wrap Templates!? Yuck!

SolitaryT

I've had a couple of calls over the past few months from a guy trying to sell wrap templates. We don't do an awful lot of wraps here in Ketchikan, Alaska, so I wasn't really eager to jump on the guy's pitch. (May be two separate guys, but similar sales styles... keep reading.) First, he asked if we did wraps. I told him we did. Then he told me what he's selling, a huge library of car and truck wrap templates. I told him that was all well and good, but we do maybe one wrap/year, that we had all of the templates we need at this point, and that if we need to buy new ones at some point, we'll research and find what's best for our business. He asked if I was the owner. I explained I was the manager. He asked to speak to the owner, and I said he wasn't in. Then he asked me why I was being so hostile! Hostile? I explained I wasn't trying to be hostile, and then he said "whatever" and hung up on me.

The last call I got, a couple of months ago, the salesman had a similar shpiel, and he asked if I was interested, and I said no, and he said, incredulously, "you're not? I've sold wrap templates to every other sign shop in Alaska! Are you going to be the first one to say no?! You're not really going to be the first one to say no!" I told him I don't really mind being the first at something, and that's okay with me, and then he started telling me what an idiot I was for passing up this deal!

Anyone else have these experiences? The number he left for the owner was (513) 716-2272. I couldn't tell if it was ImageClub or some other outfit. I'm curious to see if they're harassing other sign shops.

SignBurst PCs

Unfortunately, I get similar calls and I am not even a wrap shop. After I tell them that I am not interested, they become irritating.

d fleming

I love those kinds of calls. I can usually get them to hang up on me in two seconds. That or I keep them on the phone as long as possible wasting their time while I am working away at the computer. Nice stress relief.

SolitaryT

I love arguing with them. It is a nice stress relief. But, wow. Anyone know how I can get back to one of these yahoos? The numbers they leave are bogus.

Mainframe

Caller, Hello do you do wraps? Yes we do, do you need a wrap done? No we are selling a huge library of car and truck wrap templates.

>>>Oh sorry, I am not interested, can you please take me off your list .......click

END OF CONVERSATION!

REPEAT EVERY TELEMARKETING CALL LIKE THAT AND YOU FEEL LIKE YOU WIN EVERY TIME.

:Big Laugh

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Was one of them named Terrin? I've gotten those same calls. They are insulted when you don't think you should immediately whip out your card and spend hundreds of dollars you didn't plan on spending on something you weren't looking for at that very moment...just because they think you should. Idiots.
If only I could reach through the phone sometimes.....ack....

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
lol - I was seriously, just reading this thread and they called - same phone number as the original post. Seemed like a nice enough guy and all. I'm just not hip on another monthly bill.

GXGraphics

This guy, who went by the name of Sean Davis on the phone, claims to be with ImageClub10 and aggressively puts on a sales pitch to buy his art and wrap online software. His cell phone number came up as Tonya Morris (602-761-1492) and he also called under a "Martin, K" with the phone number 602-365-0581. After speaking to him for nearly 20 minutes (relatively nice conversation at first), I told him I would not be buying today but would consider at a later date. He then told me to F*&K off and hung up the phone. He then repeatedly called the office and left vicious and harassing phone messages on our answering machine (some messages he provided, acting as a poet..... so strange). And then, to set things off, he reached out to us on our Facebook page and asked if we could wrap 100 vans. I immediately thought it was suspicious, come to find out it was the same guy from Scottsdale, Arizona (of where he said he was from while on the phone earlier). We didn't respond back and blocked him from our Facebook page. His name on Facebook is Terran Randolph.

The only way that I was able to get this guy to stop calling (after about 20 repeated phone calls) was for me to block all the phone numbers he called from and set up a "no call" list for numbers that don't show a caller ID.

This guy SHOULD NOT be in business.

Attached is a picture of his Facebook profile.

WrapYourCar

Sometimes I like to let them feel like I'm going to buy.. then when they catch on that I'm not going to I say.. "I'm just bored driving in my car.. thought I might as well talk to somebody.. sorry I'm not interested in buying anything." Haha

Katrina@Vanwraps

I have no idea what's happening.
Just did a quick search for the phone number of a super rude salesman on the internet and it brought me back to you guys!

Seriously, this guy is the worst. I'm calling Image10 in a minute to have all of the words and be taken off whatever list they have.