• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Photo Backdrops

Tony Rome

I have a customer that needs one of those displays to take photos in front of.
They need 8' x 8'
I would prefer to print the banner and just buy the stand but I don't know how I feel about it having a seam.
My printer is 54" wide max.

So 2 questions...
1. If I just buy the stand, where is a good place?
2. Best place to just order both and have it shipped?

Thanks!

bannertime

B2signs has the whole kit. Signworld America has the stand. Best to purchase in quantity. So you're aware 8x8 stands are garbage. I haven't found one we like. Also, in a pinch we've made a 5x8 and 4x8 backdrop. You could do it horizontal or vertical. Just not glossy.

Depending on the customer's budget a tension fabric backdrop would be the best option.

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
Depending on the customer's budget a tension fabric backdrop would be the best option.

+1 on Tension Fabric. Planet Tradeshow is near us in Atlanta, but they have a great product...
Adjustable Banner Stands | Planet Trade Show

Reasonably priced and their print/color quality is the best we've found for the price. Orbus does a great job too, but they can be pricey. If you call Planet Tradeshow, ask for Mike Rogers. Let him know Jim @ Team One referred you.

Last edited:

Tony Rome

B2signs has the whole kit. Signworld America has the stand. Best to purchase in quantity. So you're aware 8x8 stands are garbage. I haven't found one we like. Also, in a pinch we've made a 5x8 and 4x8 backdrop. You could do it horizontal or vertical. Just not glossy.

No, I don't understand, why are 8 x 8 stands garbage?

bannertime

They work well enough for one use. After that, they start falling apart. The top pole will sag in the middle and the side poles will start to slide down into itself. There are really nice stands, like trade show quality, but they aren't reasonable for most customer to purchase. That would be something you'd need to rent.

A few more tips: we found it was best to make the banners 7.5ft x 7.5ft and that helped lighten the load and allow you to use bungees on the sides. A pole pocket on the top, and maybe the bottom, will also make the install a bit faster.

rossmosh

Every time I've tried to sell one of these I've run into the same problem. Wholesale Price = X. Internet Retail Price = X. Same damn price. How can anyone even think of making a buck selling these things?

It's not like you're doing design work. It's literally plopping in a logo and having it repeat a few dozen times.

bannertime

We sell them to customers that we're doing other event related stuff for. Then we also charge them to set it up and store it. So it's typically an add-on sale.